Whitney - by Roger
Album Reviewed: Whitney
Posted on: 9-05-1999
This is the first Whitney-album I recieved, and this was on LP, of course I´ve also got a CD-version nowadays. It´s not quite as good as "Whitney Houston" but almost.
1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody - A joyful and very danceable opening track. Nippy´s must really had a good time recording this track. I like it, it makes me happy.
2. Just the lonely talking again - One of my favourites on the album, not a potential "hit single" but still very smooth and classy.
3. Love Will Save The Day - A good message and the best dance track on the whole album.
4. Didn´t We Almost Have It All - What can I say. Whitney´s voice... She tears down the walls in this number.
5. So Emotional - I really love her rawling in "ain´t it shocking what love cando" at the end of this floor filler. Another classic.
6. Where You Are - A B-side to one of her singles? I can´t believe it!!! This wonderful track is worth a much better treatment.
7. Love Is A Contact Sport - This is the only dance track on the album that wasn´t released as a single. I like this song anyway and a remixed version of this song should´ve been a good contender on the dance album that unforunately never was released.
8. You´re Still My Man - WHY in heaven´s sake was this OUTSTANDING track never released as a single? I feel the same way about this song as about "All At Once".
9. For The Love Of You - Imagine yourself with a cold drink in your hand, sitting in your garden on a hot summer evening and you hear this song. Can life become better?
10. Where Do Broken Hearts Go - A lovely song and the best video out of all the singles on this album. A really sweet and classy one.
11. I Know Him So Well (with Cissy Houston) - This is the only song I dislike on the record, I can´t stand to hear Cissy´s screamy voice... Although Whitney sings wonderful (as always) Cissy manages to screw this song up by herself. Should´ve been left out.
Overall - A fantasic album, Definately Whitney´s most "commercial" album. Although it should´ve ended with song no.10.
Best Song - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Worst song - I Know Him So Well
I LOVE NIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!